ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer Review

March 3, 2010

I believe this ELF product is no stranger to anyone now. =)



I got this product pic from the website, and it seems they only have one color for this primer which is "Sheer".

And this is mine. =)

Taken this pic near to my eye, so it's an eye primer if you don't get the reason behind it. haha. (lame I know! :P)

This elf mineral eyeshadow primer comes in a box like this. With the description and details.



Color indicator.


Slick-thin packaging too! Thinner than my Crazy Rumor's Lipbalm.


The applicator.

Similar with UDPP's wand right? :)

Now here comes the SHEER colored primer.

pic below: application of primer on my finger (before and after).

Doesn't look "sheer" to me. Maybe it should call them "skin colored"?

Anyway, since I got my TFSI, I can only show you how both of them differ with each other.

In real life, TFSI felt more creamier and thicker than ELF's mineral primer. :)

If you wonder what TFSI is.. here's a random pic that I've taken with the other day. =P

You can read more about them later if you want to. :)

On to the reviews!

From ELF website:-
This gentle and completely sheer Eyeshadow Primer has key vitamins A, C and E to help prevent aging and moisturizes the skin. The formula glides on easily and disappears instantly to create longer-lasting, crease-proof eyeshadow. The Mineral Eyeshadow Primer is designed to be used with your favorite mineral eyeshadow to provide ultimate staying power for beautiful and vibrant color that lasts. 100% mineral based with no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes.

Application tip:
Apply a small amount to the eyelid and blend in. Use as a base prior to applying eyeshadow.

Price:$3 (compared to $17 for TFSI, this is super-cheap! :P )

My thoughts:
The description sure lures me to buy them! Vit A, C and E that comes with the primer for just $3?! Are you kidding me? ha! I couldn't imagine a primer that can actually help prevent aging! lol! (l.a.m.e) Oh well. But let me show you how it does "magic" to my veins can? =P



As you know, I have those typical heavy lids that comes with free veins :P. This primer actually does help a little in "concealing" them. So cool right?

But as for this statement "The formula glides on easily and disappears instantly to create longer-lasting, crease-proof eyeshadow.", I don't really agree with them. Glides on smoothly (YES), disappears instantly (still okay) but this create longer-lasting, crease-proof eyeshadow is nadda. I wore this primer to work at 7am but it creases at the inner corner of my eye by 2pm. By the time I reaches home at 8pm, I can see a "divider" at my eyelid with some oils in between (eeks!). Because of this, my non-waterproof mascara smudges a little too! -_-

I have also heard some bloggers doesn't like the "smell" of this primer. I didn't get any kind of weird smell when I first open it. However, after some time, this primer smell like "burnt rubber" (some sort!). Not heavy but very light if you do smell them on purpose. LOL!

Overall, this primer works quite good IMO. I'm saying this is because I still see most of my eyeshadow intact for 7 long hours. :) For $3, I wouldn't much complain because it does what it suppose to do (except the aging thing). =)

Last but not least, the ingredients:-


PS: I couldn't compare this with their $1 eyelid primer since I have never tried them before.

If you have tried them and felt otherwise, do let me know! =)

1 comment:

All said...

Sue, what a great review! I use UDPP myself and don't usually look at other primers. I saw E.L.F. today and thought, "hmmm" and then said "Ummm, no thanks." And now your review here confirms it!

I NEED my shadow/base to stay crease-free, and I work long hours. The last thing I want to do is touch up eye makeup!

Thanks for the review! :)