My Fetish - Urban Decay Afterglow Blush

February 8, 2009

I *heart* Urban Decay!

And no, I'm not talking about their all-time-favourite primer portion because I don't owned one yet.

I'm talking about this...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Urban Decay Afterglow Blush in Fetish! Many thanks to Lola for giving this to me all the way from Canada. *hugs*

Here's the description from UD's Webbie:

Delicate, fresh... Introducing Urban Decay's first-ever powder blush... appropriately named Afterglow. Small enough to fit in your clutch, this blush can be perfectly paired with your dressy pearls or worn alone to recreate summer's glow. Bronzed pinks and hints of gold are here for the taking. Available in several colors to enhance a wide range of complexions.

Made with Chamomile -- Nature's best, with these properties:

  • Healing/soothing effect
  • Anti-inflammatory
  • Relieves dryness
  • Rich in B vitamins and minerals
  • Suitable for all skin types, including very sensitive skin
*I didn't know their blusher has such healing properties.*

Oh, before I forget, their names are pretty interesting too. Just like Nars have "orgasms" and "deep throat" (LOL!). UD's other blushers are "exhale", "quickie", and "score"! ha ha ha. lol

Ok, let's not get ourselves influenced by their names. The packaging of the blusher is quite small.

Compared to our 50cents...
Photobucket

And a comparison between MAC's blusher.
Photobucket

Smaller right! And the price comparison:

MAC blusher : US $18.00 for 6g / 0.21 oz
Urban Decay Afterglow Blusher: US $17.00 for 3.8g/ 0.13oz

Expensive also right! Half the size, and just US$1 cheaper than MAC. -_-

I don't have any dupe for this from my blusher collection (which is a good thing for me :P). The next nearest color that I got is MAC mineralise blusher "Gentle".
Photobucket

And mind you, Urban Decay is much much more pigmented than MAC's blusher.
Photobucket
I only swatch 1 time and the color appeared crazily on my hand. For MAC, I need to swatch 5-6 times to get it appeared on the skin. -_-

Here's how it looks on me. I only swipe it once on my cheeks and I think if I'm not too careful, my face will be like baboon's butt-cheeks. :P Please excuse the cin-cai swatch here. Was going to take off my makeup after this, LOL.
Photobucket

Overall review:
I *heart* them! Definitely will buy "Quickie" when they re-stock this color! Their powder texture is unlike MAC. It isn't as powdery as MAC's blusher IMO. It glides on smoothly and super pigmented! It does not make my face feel oily after 4-5 hours and the staying power is good as well. Thumbs up for Urban Decay!

Overall rating:

(Definately my HG if their price is cheaper!)

PS: Urban Decay is not available in Malaysia though.

Ingredients:
Talc, Tricaprylin, Zinc Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Boron Nitride, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben

May Contain:
Mica, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 18580 (Red 7 Lake), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 77007 (Ultramarines).



No comments: